#1 2013-08-07 15:06:29

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Multiuser editing

If editing one article more people each person see who edit too. It would be helpfull that multiple users can be editing online one article like Google Docs. What would be good is the article edit closing for if someone edited that no one else can save it to him.

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#2 2013-08-31 14:25:58

andreaspollak
Website

Re: Multiuser editing

Hi,

there is a setting in "Settings > Ionize Interface > Tab: Visual Help > Backend Tracker".

This show´s an alert box in the right page/article corner, if somebody is editing this page/article. I´ve tested with Super Admin and Editor. Only the editor got an alert.

But currently you can save the edited page/article with both users and without error (Last in, Last out).

Locking would be nice, but the current functionality fits my needs.

#3 2013-08-31 20:28:42

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Hi,
i know the backend tracker, but I wanted is the Google Docs like online multiuser editing. smile

@adaliszk

#4 2014-01-24 11:57:56

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

I see the solution, but it is hard work, i must implement the ckeditor with some user plugin, then each keyup i must post the datas and the other side i must get on live. big_smile

@adaliszk

#5 2014-01-24 18:13:31

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

Implement the ckeditor just for this feature is not the best approach.
ck-editor, like tinyMCE are tools for ionize nothing more, and should not be used to implement such kind of features.

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

#6 2014-01-24 18:23:18

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

The new ckeditor is much better than tinyMCE smile they have lots of plugins, many developers making plugins. The new features are awesome! You can edit full pages like in dreamveawer.

@adaliszk

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations