#1 2010-08-02 14:25:57

Guardian
Ion Tester
Website

English translations

Since the 'Join the Team' topic is closed I am making this new post.
Since I will be using Ionize for a couple of multi-lingual website projects (English/Slovak and later possibly English/Polish) I would like to pass on my translations to the team because I will be doing them any way for my own projects.

Initially I would like to correct your existing documentation and hard coded literals (some are missing) for the English language and see where we go from there.

As for my background;
I have never used the CodeIgniter Framework before, which is actually why I chose to look at Ionize. My hope is that while I am tinkering with Ionize, I will get to learn the MCV approach of CodeIgniter at the same time and see just how extensible CodeIgniter is. If I develop something for my own needs for Ionize, that you may want to include in your distro, thats a bonus.
I have been involved with a team of developers developing a multi-lingual PHP/mySQL driven CMS for the last four or five years, though my main focus has been on SEO, web standards compliance (xHTML 1.0 Transitional / CSS3) and accessibility (Section 508 / WGAC).

#2 2010-08-02 14:30:36

toopixel
Ionize Core Team
Website

Re: English translations

Thanks for voluntar help, greatly appreciated !
I'll let Michel-Ange answer you about we take you in the team, he is currently in holidays and will answer you as soon as he is back.

Too Pixel is a web agency located in Geneva, Switzerland

#3 2010-08-12 07:54:42

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

Re: English translations

Hello Guardian,

I just sent you the documentation in editable version. We will discuss when I come back from hollidays.

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations