#1 2014-08-08 19:11:49

Tadziokaz

Admin page - blank page (i think js fault)

Hi,

just started with ionize cms, but after installation admin page don't work (blank page), i think problem with js or something.

Untitled.png

#2 2014-08-09 17:37:48

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

Re: Admin page - blank page (i think js fault)

Hi Tadziokaz,

Can you give us some info :
- Which system are you running ionize on ? (Windows, MAMP, etc ?)
- How did you make the install (default lang, other lang )
- Which browser ?

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

#3 2014-08-09 18:26:53

Tadziokaz

Windows 7 64-bit,
latest XAMPP version.

First problem is in - "http://localhost/ionize-1.0.7/install/?step=database&lang=en", when i click next step, i get blank page. After f5 i can continue with installation.

I think, some data is missing in my mysql database. Because, after few hours searching bug, i found that

},
	'current': 'en',
	'first': '<div style="border:1px solid #990000;padding-left:20px;margin:0 0 10px 0;">

<h4 style="color:#c00;">A PHP Error was encountered</h4>

<p>Severity: Notice</p>
<p>Message:  Undefined offset: 0</p>
<p>Filename: libraries/Settings.php</p>
<p>Line Number: 302</p>

it's from admin page source.

When i turn on production mode on website, my admin page works (some features...)

Last edited by Tadziokaz (2014-08-09 18:28:02)

#4 2014-08-10 08:36:42

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

Some data look missing.

1. What is the content of your "lang" table ?
2. What do you have into the file config/language.php ?

If nothing in the lang table, there is a problem on install.

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

#5 2014-10-14 23:43:18

ago

This is just to help someone that might have had the same problem.
I have just encountered the same problem while install ionize cms 1.0.7.1 on a windows machine

While installing the database creation step fails and shows a blank page. If you hit refresh the step seems to complete successfully and you are redirected to admin details page and not the default language page where you should be redirected.

On installation completion the website works perfectly but the admin page fails with the above mentioned js errors.

The problem is located in the php script execution timeout which by default is set to 30 seconds, which is not enough for the database creation step to complete. The solution is to temporarily increase the max_execution_time setting in the php.ini file from 30 to a value bigger than 60. I personally set it to 300 just to be on the safe side.

Good luck

#6 2015-07-08 17:45:39

franolivera
Website

I've solved it with AGO explanation. Really difficult because of my server config regarding php.ini .. but it worked .. thanks

#7 2015-07-16 03:24:05

damascus
Website

For future note, an inline set_timeout() in the php file responsible for installation (or just DB) might actually solve that, though you may need to paste it in a few installation files to be safe if doesnt work first time

If still doesnt work, prob permissions problem and you cant affect timeout

Webmaster | OneCNC Australia

#8 2015-08-04 22:12:28

franolivera
Website

Sorry dudes, I was wrong in my appreciaton... I could indeed intall the cms without any errors on installation... but when I try to login in to admin panel it goes blank... it doesn't work...

#9 2015-08-04 22:26:31

franolivera
Website

This is what I did to get it working on my donweb.com servers.

I sing up for a free account at byethost.com, I installed ionize 1.0.7, everything went smoothly, no errors. I was able to login to the back end without any problems.

Then I copied all the files and the database and I uploaded everything into my donweb.com servers.

I had to change of course some data on: application/config/database.php

And now it works perfectly.

I assume that it's something that has to do more with the server config than the cms. I guess the problems is on installation. Maybe some files or fiels on the database are not installed properly and that's why it doesn't work then. That's the only explanation I could find because intallation works well on certain servers. Not everyone is experiencing these issues.

I hope it helps someone. smile

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations