#1 2014-11-19 05:48:17

zenkkai2
Website

IonizeCMS on Codeigniter 3.0?

Is there any developer of ionize here? im curious if this great cms will be update to CI3.

#2 2014-11-19 10:25:58

Kink
Ion Tester

Re: IonizeCMS on Codeigniter 3.0?

CI3 is not released, it's 99% completed (Milestones Github).

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#3 2015-04-13 00:34:27

mlestand

CI 3.0 is released now, is there any work ongoing or planned to update to CI 3.0?

Regards
Mats

#4 2015-04-13 12:29:23

otemu

Wow your right, I never thought I see the day

CodeIgniter 3.0.0 is the current version of the framework
http://www.codeigniter.com/download

Changes compared to CodeIgniter 2:
The framework is released under the MIT license
The database drivers have had extensive refactoring
PDO is fully functional with subdrivers
There is a new Session library
There is a new Encryption library
The unit testing has been beefed up, and code coverage improved
PHP 5.4 or newer is recommended, but CI will still work on PHP 5.2.4
detail list here http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/changelog.html

Ionize is a small team and from what I have observed are quite busy, so unlikely be any update to 3.0 anytime soon.  Last update in the blog was August 2014, hasn't really been an update in news & announcement section of the forum for awhile and last github commit was like 4 months ago.

#5 2015-05-31 18:02:05

sikor

otemu wrote:

Wow your right, I never thought I see the day

CodeIgniter 3.0.0 is the current version of the framework
http://www.codeigniter.com/download

Changes compared to CodeIgniter 2:
The framework is released under the MIT license
The database drivers have had extensive refactoring
PDO is fully functional with subdrivers
There is a new Session library
There is a new Encryption library
The unit testing has been beefed up, and code coverage improved
PHP 5.4 or newer is recommended, but CI will still work on PHP 5.2.4
detail list here http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/changelog.html

Ionize is a small team and from what I have observed are quite busy, so unlikely be any update to 3.0 anytime soon.  Last update in the blog was August 2014, hasn't really been an update in news & announcement section of the forum for awhile and last github commit was like 4 months ago.

Thanks, I was thinking about offer the ionize to one of my clients - http://www.vitcas.com/wood-fired-bread-pizza-ovens. Is it the page good for ionize?

Last edited by sikor (2015-06-01 10:15:20)

#6 2015-08-18 18:13:06

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Far as I know the Ionize 1.x not will upgrade to Codeigniter 3.0, but im working on a 2.0 version, what is not official yet. My goal is some serious performace boost to the current code (and extend the code for developers not just designers), and it started with a CI3.

Im contributing to Codeigniter too, I will make some realy awesome pull request not only bug solves smile

Last edited by adaliszk (2015-08-18 18:13:25)

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#7 2015-08-22 13:38:29

larzeni

Hi Adamos,
I'm a long time programmer, but a newbie with code igniter and Ionize.
I came from an internal developed jee solution, that we leaved for poor hosting support.

At first sight, this CMS seems to be what I was looking for:

- well tought and very friendly for editors
- easy for designer and developers
- multilingual from start

I looked at Wordpress, Drumla, Joomla, Concrete5, Simple CMS, before coming to ionize, but they fail for one or another reason.

So I'm studying/evaluating Ionize. My primary concerns are:
- the little community that is around it;
- the long-term (5 or more years) sustainability of this project.

If I choose it, probably I will became a contributor, technical writer and/or sponsor (I think it's my duty to give back something to the project).

So I'm looking for other developer/technical writers involved on this CMS to team on.

I spotted your post, as you say that you are working on a porting to Code Igniter 2.0.

One of the things that I would like to be sure is a decent security support, and this cannot be obtained using a no more supported version of the base framework.

So my question is: are you able to evaluate the effort needed to migrate Ionize to C.I  2.2.4? And to 3.0.1?

Thanks
larzeni

#8 2015-08-22 13:56:50

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Wellcome on the forum Larzeni!

Maybe I'm not very well wrote it, Im working on a Ionize 2.0 (not official yet) not Codeigniter 2.0, I will see what should be make to migrate to CI2.2 and I will make a pull request from that soon, after that I will try the CI3.0 migration but if it take more than one day then I will suspend it, because Im already have a working frontend with CI3.0 it will take a week or two to remake the current components (right now I have content and navigation and languages) and create a template parser what can substitude the FTL and can compile the view files like other fast working template systems (also I will add smarty and dwoo as an alternative template parsing)

Follow on Github the progress: https://github.com/adamos42/ionize

@adaliszk

#9 2015-08-22 14:15:00

larzeni

Thanks Adam.
I was misguided by some docs, that were stating that Ionize was using C.I. 1.7.X

Now, looking at system/core/codeigniter.php I can see that currently ionize is based on C.I. 2.0.2:

* ------------------------------------------------------
*  Define the CodeIgniter Version
* ------------------------------------------------------
*/
    define('CI_VERSION', '2.0.2');

So It should not be a big hassle to go to 2.2.4!

Beside it, I will be busy for few weeks, but in the end of september I think I will start to work on it an may be I can help you. As said, I'm not very experienced neiter with Ionize nor with C.I., but at least I think I could open a wiki to write a diary of my issuse/solutions, which I think could be more structured and better suited to newcomers than a forum search.

Do you know if a wiki could be opened on Ionize site, or should I go by my own?

Thanks,
Luca

#10 2015-08-22 14:27:42

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

I will ask Michel-Ange about the wiki page, right now I think it can be make on the docs site where this issue/solution can be a tutorial, to how to make a simple blog, how to make a videogallery etc. Many people require more tutorial and the core team is too busy to make it.

@adaliszk

#11 2015-08-22 15:38:14

larzeni

ok, I installed ionize yesterday on debian wheezy and I wrote a few notes on little troubles that I found in the process.
I still think that wiki is better, but nevertheless I can publish them on the docs site, if you give me access to them.
Thanks Luca

#12 2015-08-22 16:41:41

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

If the problems was php or database bugs then please submit on the Github: https://github.com/ionize/ionize
If the problems was something else, then for now please open a topic in the Installation support: http://ionizecms.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=2
For now the forum is what we have, sooner or later the documentation will containt more tutorials and workarounds from problems.
Right now I not have access to the doc page and the complete workaround tutorials will uploaded from the forum, when the team has time.

@adaliszk

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations