#1 2015-10-01 01:17:15

terrylei

default lang code got stuck at the url

the default language is en
and I also have another language pt

the default lang code just got stuck at the url, if I change the language to pt it just appends to after the en code. Since the url is not correct so all the pages end up in 404.

for example:
i can visit mywebsite.com/en/hello-world
hover the pt link it shows mywebsite.com/pt/hello-world, that's correct
if I click on it, the url will end up going to mywebsite.com/en/pt/hello-world

no idea how it happens, any idea where I should go and take a look at?

Thanks.

#2 2015-10-01 08:19:51

damascus
Website

Re: default lang code got stuck at the url

@terrylei - in 0.9.7 i would recommend data tools, should have something bout normalising urls and/or language files. Should be similar under 'tools' or 'settings' menu in latest version.

Webmaster | OneCNC Australia

#3 2015-10-01 09:48:11

terrylei

Re: default lang code got stuck at the url

Hello Damascus,

I was pulling the latest 1.0.8 from github and took a look at tools, everything seems okay. I even tried a clean install on the server without using my theme but the lang code is still working like I mentioned in this post. So I am now wondering if anything I missed for the server setting.

the website is running on apache with php 5.4.16, module mod_rewrite is on and also "allowOverride all" for the web root.

I believe mod_rewrite should be partially working as I have no problem to view my content in default language ...

Thanks.

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations