#1 2016-03-01 13:55:29

jahller

extend fields tag not working

Hello everyone,

we just updated from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 and all templates where we used the tag <ion:page:extend:MY_OPTION:value>...</ion:page:extend:MY_OPTION:value> are not being rendered anymore.

In addition the "Extend fields" tab in the backend is gone.
I noticed that "extendManager" is commented out in the file "/themes/admin/views/page/page.php", which causes the tab to disappear.

Is this wanted? Was the extend field feature removed from version 1.0.8?
We rely massively on it.

#2 2016-03-01 16:36:13

jahller

Re: extend fields tag not working

Okay, update on this topic.
Apparently only the "is_not" part of the ion:page:extend tag is not working properly anymore.
We have several cases where the value of the extended field is empty.
On version 1.0.7 this was not a problem and properly detected by is_not.

Now neither this:
<ion:page:extend:MY_OPTION:value is="option1">

Nor
<ion:page:extend:MY_OPTION:value is_not="option1">

is matched and nothing is shown.

#3 2016-06-14 16:55:25

fredericomarinho.com
Website

The Extend field tab are gone inside the articles, after updated to 1.0.8 version. Is it an error or was intended? How can I solve this or is there another way? Thanks!

Frederico Marinho - Social Media and Web Developer
contato@fredericomarinho.com
fredericomarinho.com

#4 2016-06-14 17:53:46

fredericomarinho.com
Website

Just made it.

The 1.0.8 version don't work anymore with extend fields associated directly to articles. You need to create a new Content-Type (menu Content -> Content Types) to articles (the pre-created ones are just for Pages) and associate the extend field to this Content-Type. To associate, add a new group (this group name will be the name of the tab in article view) and add Extends to group. Drag and drop the extend field you want to the Group you just created.

So, when editing an article, in the right-column, you will have the "Content-Type" option. Just select the one you created and save. The extend field will appear again.

Now it will be a little more work to do, but this way is really smarter because before an extend field was associated with all articles. Now you can have different "types" of articles, been this "type" defined by Content-Types.

Frederico Marinho - Social Media and Web Developer
contato@fredericomarinho.com
fredericomarinho.com

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations