#1 2016-08-31 10:47:28

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

[DISCUSSION] Ionize 2.0 Admin

Today, the administration is built on Mootools, Im thinking to make the administration in Javascript with Polymer Elements (https://www.polymer-project.org), but I dont know if that is the best solution. I talked with Michel-Ange about this and he not recommending the Polymer or React, because that may be depricated in short time.

I need your opinios about the current Administration and the idea about the Polymer. I want to know what type of display you want to use for administration or overview the statistics of your page. Also I want to know what do you need above the current administration features.

Thanks for your reply!

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#2 2016-08-31 22:06:12

otemu

Re: [DISCUSSION] Ionize 2.0 Admin

Hi,

When it comes to the technology front-end stack nowadays the tools that I normally use are JQuery, Angular, ReactJS or Backbone, Gulp, Foundation 6, SASS, Browserify.  I've done many development contractors and rarely do any of  them use Mootools and Polymer Elements hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it.

I can't really comment on Polymer Elements as I don't know enough about it, if it is gong to be depreciated than I would definitely say no.  However with ReactJS I can't see this getting depreciated any time soon, in fact most of the major companies are moving towards ReactJS so that is definitely on the raise.

I actually like the current CMS, the reason being is it very similar look and feel to Umbraco CMS which am a big fan off, one great feature I like to see is if the CMS has a similar feature to what the ion:trace does, be nice to click a button in the actual cms and see all the elements you have access to for that page, instead of using trace which is limited to the actual tag itself, Umbraco has a similar feature which is very handy.

I don't think you need to go overboard with stats, most CMS seem to provide the following stats more or less:

• Latest registered Users

• Some kind of analytic stats with visitors

• Recent modified articles

• Current Date time

• Whether CMS or Plugins need updating

I would say consider using the tools I mentioned above in bold and see if that fits your needs for the CMS or just going with the most popular frameworks with a large community as than you can't go wrong.  I definitely think you should choose tools that make your life easier, if you can avoid also writing a lot of custom code definitely save you lot of time, specially as it looks like your be writing practically all of the project code yourself.

#3 2016-09-01 01:28:18

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Re: [DISCUSSION] Ionize 2.0 Admin

Thank you for the reply!

Polymer is a library which help to create Web Components, similar to the React but developed by Google, it's using the cutting edge technologies in the browsers, and I think it is and will be a great tool to create custom elements in html and until  Google does not drop the project.

For the Frontend I already implemented support to bower and node modules so any of the node module can be used, also it can be used on administration as well. jQuery can be implemented but the administration will not depend on it. For implementing advanced support to Angular and React I will need to learn them or get somebody who can help with it.

For the ion:trace I thinking about a frontend live edit mode where you can point and click and edit values of contents and able to select the content and view the hiearchy of the classes (with properties).

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations