#1 2016-11-24 16:11:57

dh-webservice.eu
Website

Creating a super-login for 4 ionize websites

Dear community,

for a new project I would like to create one super-login for 4 ionize websites/installations.
The idea would be to have one login site (can also be pure PHP, no ionize). After having logged in, I can click on one out of 4 ionize websites/installations. The click then, performs an auto-login into the chosen website/installation.

Has anyone done something like this already?
Thank you and all the Best
D

Ionize Fan from Northern Italy ;-)

#2 2016-11-25 22:53:52

otemu

Re: Creating a super-login for 4 ionize websites

Hi,

I say checkout openid and oauth this way you don't need to reinvent the wheel smile
http://openid.net/developers/libraries/#php
https://www.sitepoint.com/creating-a-php-oauth-server/
but this is not the only library could google for others

Another option is have two database connections, one for ionize and other for the shared session database, each of your 4 sites will than connect to there own ionize database but all of the sites will use the same session database, you than could install the same ionize module on each server which would handle all the authentication, with this method you could use standard PHP or even ionize tags without issue, only thing is you will need to write a lot of custom code.

Last edited by otemu (2016-11-25 23:06:25)

#3 2016-11-28 16:29:12

dh-webservice.eu
Website

Hi otemu,

thanks for your hints! In the meantime I came to the conclusion that it would also work to include all 4 websites one ionize installation. With this way I could avoid building a super-login. Since the 4 websites are small corporate sites i could just create one menu for each website in the back-end. In the front-end i could just check for the domain and then deliver the contents from the relative menu. what do you think of that?

Ionize Fan from Northern Italy ;-)

#4 2016-11-28 21:44:52

otemu

Hey,

Getting all websites under one installation will definitely be the most simple solution, many corporate websites use the same technique of having one cms site for many, didn't think this was a viable option for you but if it is definitely go for it and will probably save you a lot of development time smile

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations