#1 2011-02-16 11:22:08

Daibai
Website

How to use extended fields for one type of page / article ?

Hi

Before everything else, i want to say a big thank you to the Ionize team. I follow Ionize since some months now and you rocks, guys smile

My question :

I wanted to add extended fields, but it seems that i can't choose by myself where the extended field need to appear in the admin.

What i mean is i want extended fields on one type of page / article, not all of them.

An example  :

Extended field : Book author

I want the book author field appear in articles linked to the page type "books", not in the others pages (like news, etc...).

Is there a native solution in the admin panel to do that ? 

Another question : is it possible to add dynamic field based on extended fields ? (add more than one extended field based on the same name).

Regards,

Grégory

#2 2011-02-16 11:38:44

ukyo
Community Manager
Website

Re: How to use extended fields for one type of page / article ?

For first question :

You could not add extended field one type of page / article. You can add extended field for all articles or all pages or all medias.

I talked with Michel-Ange about extended field for page type or article type. He said could be in next release perhaps the 0.9.8.

Second question :

Its not possible yet.

<ion:ukyo from="Turkey" />
Ionize CMS Türkçe Dil Çeviri Dosyaları | My Github Repositories
Please send your first message to a forum section, not forum users or administration.

#3 2011-02-17 03:26:08

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

@Daibai : Welcome to Ionize !

Limit Extended fields to one "type" of page or article (type of page does not exist yet, but why not ..) or to only one page could be easily implemented.

We seriously think about. It could be nice for example to link one existing extend field to another parent,, to make it also available for this parent...

A lot of insteresting things for the future !

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

#4 2011-02-17 10:28:36

Daibai
Website

Hi,

Yep, i've implemented the functionality yesterday (in 15 minutes, congratz for the quality of your code guys smile

For the second thing (the use of extended fields for creating dynamics fields), i need to learn some things about Mootools, but i think it will be easy to implement this functionality ).

I've planned to make a small tutorial about this on my blog (www.troispointzero.fr).

Regards,

Grégory

#5 2011-02-18 03:21:22

aurex

Hi Daibai, can you tell me or share your modifications to do that? filter the extended fields to certain pages.
I'm thinking to do that too
Regards ;-)

#6 2011-02-21 15:24:07

toopixel
Ionize Core Team
Website

Daibai: welcome to ionize. I can read on your blog in french "Il utilise la base de backendpro (un environnement backoffice tout près dédié à CodeIgniter)." which is absolutly not right, every component of ionize has been developped from scratch except MOCHA UI the admin interface design (which was highly hacked). Can you change that on your blog to avoid misunderstanding people coming to ionize forums asking about backendpro ?

Too Pixel is a web agency located in Geneva, Switzerland

#7 2011-02-21 15:34:57

Daibai
Website

Hi,

Sorry for this error, i will update my post as soon as possible smile

Regards

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations