#1 2011-09-22 21:20:24

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

Why Ionize, Why Not ? It's great ? It sucks ? Tell us !

You switched from Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, other, to Ionize...
Or you started with Ionize...

- Who are you ?
- Which CMS were you using before Ionize, why was it horrible or better ?
- Why did you switch to Ionize ?
- What things made you happy in Ionize ?
- How would you introduce the benefits of Ionize to your client ?
- About what were you disappointed or frustrated in Ionize ?

Answer to these simple questions will help us alot to improve the CMS !

Many thanks !

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

#2 2011-09-22 22:27:17

thedoglett

Re: Why Ionize, Why Not ? It's great ? It sucks ? Tell us !

Hey Michel, here's my story & thoughts...

Previously I've used modX which is a great CMS with straightforward templating and editing features - but with unnecessarily awkward features ('ditto' for blogging springs to mind amongst some others) and - so I was told by those who were not familiar with using a CMS - the admin area seemed a little complicated to them.

I had looked at Wordpress but I don't like having to edit standard templates to fit in with what I want my site to do - I want to code it and get it working. Looking at all the code I'd have to hack around with in Wordpress made me shudder - sure, its a powerful blogging system but not what I'd consider an all-round-CMS.

So, I made it my mission to try and find *the* perfect CMS - no easy task.

I liked a few of them (such as 'Pyro') but they didn't quite fit the bill - and then I found Ionize. I loved the admin interface - its clear, easy and shows the structure in a logical manner. I can't see my customers having a problem editing articles - its very straightforward - and as for the way that the front-end navigation menu can be manipulated all I can say is fantastic.

I'm currently doing two new sites for customers, both using IonizeCMS, and I'm finding it quite easy to code (although there are times I have to come here for some help - I only have a basic knowledge of php) - once the sites are done I'll post them here for you to see.

The templating is really easy (similar to modX in some ways) and the content elements now act like modX 'Template Variables'.

In all, I can say that IonizeCMS has fulfilled 90% of my needs, with only a few tweaks needed here and there in order to make it what I would consider *perfect*:

• Content Elements - if we could somehow loop through them as in my post here. Handy if you want to show all fields within a content element.

• TinyMCE - some functions don't work with Ionize, such as iFrames, we can hardcode a content element into a view but sometimes you need to link to something inline within an article.

• Embedding of youtube videos in TinyMCE (not just in views) - sometimes clients want to embed a youtube video inline with their article content and as such there's no specific place for them to go if using a dedicated view. They may be using several different views throughout a site so I would say this is quite important (see my other post here).

• Some way of showing a random article/content element field - for example, say I have a content element which contains 20 individual fields/quotes from customers. Rather than have only specific quotes, or in a specific order, when the page loads it will choose 1,2 or 3 etc random fields to display.

• The ability to edit views in the admin area is great and if it were possible to also edit CSS files in the admin area it would certainly be incredibly helpful. Sometimes you notice something which needs a tweak but you have to get back to your computer, load up Coda (or whatever you use to code) and update it. Being able to edit it on any computer via the admin interface would be very helpful.

Best of all, the Ionize community is very helpful and (most importantly) active - there's a dedication to helping people get the most out of this wonderful CMS and that speaks volumes about the people behind it.

So, that's my story. Keep up the good work - the hard work you chaps do is very much appreciated!

Last edited by thedoglett (2011-09-22 22:33:40)

#3 2011-09-26 15:22:19

xare

- Who are you ?
I am Juan a web developper and live in Greece.

I was using mainly joomla. Joomla, even if recently improved, generates it's own html code from the content management system. It is not very flexible with multilingual content. It does not provide tags.
Because although it has not much modules it is solid, simple for the client to use and straight forward to program.
The most is it's multilingual interface. Then the capacity to add media to articles. Then the simplicity in programming through tags. And finally that developping modules is easy once you get it.
It is as easy as opening the admin section and show him how easy it is to make changes.

I still miss the chance to better integrate modules into ionize specially in article content. it is not always obvious how to do in order to show a module at a given url.

#4 2011-10-18 20:10:08

Guardian
Ion Tester
Website

- Who are you ?
I'm John, a freelance web developer, though I seem to spend most of my time working on OpenSource projects.

Mostly I used RavenNuke but that's because until very recently, I was on the development team for a number of years. I still use it when it fits the clients requirements because it's a great system, easy to work with and develop for BUT since I left, the release cycle is just to long for it to be able to keep up with modern technologies like HTML 5.

I haven't really 'switched' - I use whatever fits the clients (or my own) requirements. Ionize is simple to install, simple to use and most importantly, easy to use for novices. It is search engine friendly and has multi-lingual support. Ionize also uses the great Code Igniter framework.

Multi-lingual support - it is not enough to have multi-lingual admin area's etc, a CMS has to be able to support multi-lingual content as well - Ionize does this extremely well and even has SEO optimization for that content as well.
It is easy to install, extremely easy to use and most importantly, it is intuitive to use - you don't need to spend any time getting familiar with it.

I would only recommend Ionize for very simple sites at the moment or very big sites that needs lots of functionality to take advantage of the CI Framework.

Lack of a contact form is extremely annoying! I know no one wants to add modules etc before Ionize v 1.0 BUT for people that cannot code (end users) it prevents them from using this great CMS because it doesn't have this one basic "must have" feature.
I believe quite strongly that any website must have certain basic functionality and a contact form is one of them.

The tinyMCE editor is pretty good, though personally I prefer CKeditor because it ensures any user inputted html used is xHTML compliant - I don't think tinyMCE enforces web standards.

Last edited by Guardian (2011-10-19 23:57:01)

#5 2011-10-19 13:30:45

kojiroh
Website

- Who are you ?
I'm an all-purpose programmer in a tech consultancy/software development company, who didn't (probably still doesn't) have enough experience in PHP. I code in C++, C#, PHP, PL/SQL, manage and develop on Oracle and MySQL databases and do DHTML front-end development with CSS and Javascript.

I wasn't exactly using any, but I was maintaining a website developed by a former fellow employee, who used his own homebrew CMS. It was very weak and it wasn't even object oriented. When I got the hint that I would be tasked on a website development, I skimmed through PyroCMS's help documents.

I chose Ionize over Pyro because it was multi-lingual, and PyroCMS charged developers for multi-language support.

The multi-language support and its ease to use was the main one. But over time I got very used to its theme, templating and view concepts.

I tell them about the multi-language support smile

The lack of a built-in contact form functionality, for starters. Also, the documentation is a bit lacking, but it's not very much of concern at the moment, as the development is still on-going. I'm also having a little problem with website structures and auto generated menus, but I'm not really sure if it's because of my lack of in-depth knowledge on Ionize or if it's because of Ionize itself. I also think that creating templates isn't really well-suited for end-users, but for more advanced users (such as coders).

#6 2011-11-01 15:28:41

Reddy

- Who are you ? Freelancer Web Developer
- Which CMS were you using before Ionize, why was it horrible or better ? I have been using trying any kind of CMS systems.
- Why did you switch to Ionize ? I was only checking like other CMS systems,. But clear and sexy demo design and easy template integration, plus codeigniter based. Made me curious.
- What things made you happy in Ionize ? Feel like old school CMS systems (Love it), and without end if you are creative enough can add many things.
- How would you introduce the benefits of Ionize to your client ? At the moment I am only trying to build a %100 functioning test website with ionize. Later I will answer this question.  tongue

- About what were you disappointed or frustrated in Ionize ? Actually like others, same problems. But those things are can be fixed really fast next version I believe. Documentation really lack of information.

But I really looking forward to using ionize, thanks for this hard work. Also thanks for sharing with us.

#7 2011-12-14 20:31:52

nitech

Hey Michel-Ange, this is my story:

First, let me clarify that I haven't tried Ionize CMS more than fiddling around with the admin for 20 minutes, but the thing of it is, I've been the lead developer of a commercial CMS system for almost eight years until recently when I left to try something new.

During my years as a CMS developer, I've made my opinion of how a CMS system should be - and though I realize one system cannot easily satisfy all customer groups, ranging from blogs to multinational companies, I believe one system can satisfy most customers from one-man-companies up to 2-3000 employees without problem.

I've wanted to dig deeper into Wordpress for a while, and that's what I'm doing now. What strikes me though is that the user interface, organization and "template system" is aimed heavily at 3rd party developers and blogs - thus the focus on templates and plugins. And the interface itself reminds me much of A List Apart, trying to be artistic at the cost of simplicity. Don't get me wrong though. Wordpress seems wonderful at many areas.

However, when I bumped into a strange and surprising problem with how to display second level menus at a different place in the template, I went looking around at the other CMS plattforms out there.

I believe simple admin UI is crucial to the end user. We might think open source is heaven, but Lisa at SimpleFish Inc doesn't need fancy html5 and open standards - she needs our skills to help her sell more fish - and the simpler and cleaner UI, the more she can concentrate on selling fish instead of fancying around the user interface.

After having tried Joomla, Ez, Wordpress and a whole lot of others, I was stumped at the simple and beautiful interface. Love the way you solved multilingual interface.

I'll be hanging around.

Last edited by nitech (2012-01-06 22:08:07)

#8 2011-12-30 16:53:42

dimotar

Salut Michel, hi to all.
I'm not hardcore web-developer, but I was developing sites ever since HTML and first browsers appeared. And I was even teaching IT and application security lately. I extensively used joomla and wordpress as CMS and Dreamweaver for static/presentational sites during last years. But true multilingual CMS was my primary concern ever since. In most cases small- to medium-size websites are requested by my customers, so SilverStripe, Drupal are overkill, while joomla and wordpress are messy, damn slow and not multilingual by origin. Yeah, "WP themes" is huge market, and there is the reason for it, but I'm not theme|plugin developer|coder.
I tryed IO on local site and liked it a lot. It IS the SOLUTION for my everyday task, and I can't wait for "production version".
Actual issues are:
1. lack of documentation for developers.
2. http://www.ionizecms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=682 (i'm too lazy for making the link)
3. lack of important plugins, lack of themes, but it's understandable.
4. and please, provide in install pack or as additional download the theme used on http://www.ionizecms.com. I consider developing the theme for my next web-site based on this theme.
Generally- thanks a lot to all the IO team for developing such great project. You did nice job! I think IO has very prominent future.
I could help with russian and serbian translations too.
Docteur d'Electronique de l'ENSEEIHT (99)
Dimitri TARASSOV.

#9 2012-04-20 09:32:40

osd29

Hi all!

I am a project manager. I known Ionize in one of my project for which we wanted to implement CMS. We tried "classical CMS" but those were to complicated to use and to customize. The developer (Beninho smile ) found Ionize and now we are "Ionize lovers". wink

As I am secretary of works council  I decided to use Ionize to make our website. I am conviced that Ionize has a great potential. smile

Note: sorry for my English which is a little bit rusty.

Last edited by osd29 (2012-04-20 09:33:19)

#10 2012-05-02 03:57:30

hypervisual

- Who are you ?

Peter. Web developer. Melbourne, Australia.

Joomla/Mambo
Word Press
Umbraco
Drupal

Of all of these I am proficient with Word Press by overwhelming client requests and then Word Press became my CMS of choice because of my familiarity. But I am growing weary of WP footprint, the code base, the slowness and never-ending stream of updates.

Drupal to me seems over sized, over engineered and hard work.

I've only ever worked with Umbraco as a front-end dev. I've heard good things but I can't really verify.

As a fan of CodeIgniter I had been scouring the web for a light-weight extensible CMS built on CodeIgniter. Ionize seems appears to fit the bill. At this point I have not used it in anger but it looks promising. It appears to offer everything I have wanted from a CMS.

I am preparing to prototype a micro-site with Ionize and if all is good, then I will use it in production.

I am still in the evaluation period but the reasons for choosing it are: it's footprint,  it's underlying framework, it's extensibility, and it's apparent ease-of-use.

Will let you know...

I perceive the benefits more from a development point of view. I am hoping it will lead to short development periods and highly customisable admins. The knock on benefits to the client are a fast time to market (fewer $$) and a admin system that meets their specific requirements without compromise.

So far it's the level of documentation but this will hopefully evolve.

#11 2012-06-14 16:43:04

webshunda
Website

My name is Jack, and I am from China.
Now I'm a manager of Beijing Webshunda CO., Ltd.

I have made some projects with PHP, and I like it.

The first two projects were made via native PHP, the first one is a online registeration system for a univerisity, site is:http://www.bnulxsh.com/uc/; the second one is a website for showing products, the website is: http://www.feizhongda.com/.

I'm totally tired with the hard coding work even with this kind of small project. At the mean time, I made another website, Http://www.studyinxjtu.org, I used native PHP, although I spend a lot of energy on the whole website while planning the architecture. I found that I can't release myself if I have more customers with the same kind of job.

I'm in a mood to learn something, which can release my hand with new projects. I have heard that PHP framework can do this, but I don't know how.

After google searching on the internet, I know that Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress can do this kind of job.
I tried each of the above, and I found that Joomla and Drupal are to much for me, there are too many things I have to learn, and I found a big problem that It's even hard for me to update the core. As for wordpress, it was hacked by somebody within a month.

While I was almost disappoint about using framework, I found the light weight framework, the name is CodeIgniter, and I found it's very easy to learn. Almost at the same time, Ionize comes into my eyes.

Althouth it's only a baby now(0.9.7), I like it. And I found that it can do most of my current job and release my hands.

The reasons are:
1.I like the way of Really Multilingual, I need this for almost all my projects;
2.Ionize is Simple at the same time I can do most of my job;
3.Ionize is fast than other frameworks that I have tried.

Xuewu
My english is not very good, I'm sorry if there are some spelling or grammar mistakes.

Xuewu Du
Email:manager@webshunda.com

#12 2012-12-25 09:15:50

6aKa

- Who are you ?
Alexander from Ukraine. QA Engineer
Joomla, Mambo, Drupal and many others.
All of this CMS horrible, besause it's developed for developers, not for users.
Make own template for this cms - task from hell. Noodles of HTML markup and code.
Then I start using TextPattern CMS.

Textpattern advantages over Ionize:
1. TXP tags are more powerfull. Many ways for sorting articles, media and others and with custom fields.
2. TXP's documentation is very good.
3. Permanent refactoring for core code - clean and good code style.
4. Directories and files structure with permissions - good for security, and best for deployment on linux servers(not need after installation corrections).
5. Textile markup.

Ionize advantages over Textpattern:
1. The feeling that the TXP developers specifically want the kernel was the smallest and don't add anything to it. Because of this, there are many modules that don't always work, especially on latest version.
2. Multilingual support. TXP has an MLP plugin for this, but it's almost never works on the latest version.
3. SEO, in TXP hasn't meta description tag and few title tags(you need use custom fields for this)
4. Caching.
5. Good usability for admin side.
6. Media support and media manager. All medias under control, no broken medias.
7. Clean and understanding article navigation (navigation levels powerfull solution, not need sections, categories and tags for structuring articles)
8. Views output control (View, Single Article View, Article View for pages and acticles)

Because, Ionize CMS using best practice and ideas.
All of which will be made.
Nothing, because no clients.
Less types for extended fields, no numeric type.
No field validation masks.
No sort options for articles and medias using extended fields.

Last edited by 6aKa (2012-12-25 10:02:39)

#13 2013-05-24 02:42:55

webshunda
Website

I'm the manager of Beijing Webshunda Tech CO., Ltd.

I need the multi language function to be native inner the core of the system. Like IONIZE did, it's very good for me and for my clients.

I'm trying to build our's website now with ionize, and in the further, I plan to use this for my clients.
Http://www.webshunda.com
Http://btpz.webshunda.com

I like codeigniter, but there is too much job need to be done by me. Ionize help me a lot, I can benifit a lot by using Ionize and have the advantage to build system with codeigniter.

Ionize's job is valuable for me, I will continue to use it even I need to pay in the future.

Xuewu Du

Xuewu Du
Email:manager@webshunda.com

#14 2013-07-23 13:28:22

osians

- Who are you ?
I'm a young Freelancer Programmer from Brasil, my name is Wanderlei.

First I was using an own cms, then I found SiteManagr(isn't so powerful) and
customize it a lot to suit my requirements.

I really falling in love with Ionize!!! I switch to it because it's very simple,
easy to use and the Tag system is amazing, simple to use and fast to develop.
My clients needs a CMS that they can learn to use very quickly, so
Ionize is the best choise.

I'd really like to see more documentation, because I'd like to
know how everything works behind the scenes and if possible
to help improve and develop the system.

- Easy and quickly to Use for all ages;
  - extensible, powerful ;

For now, only documentation for the API.

Sorry for my bad English! smile

#15 2013-08-07 13:27:26

nossibe

- Who are you ?
I'm a french webdesigner

. Joomla because it's easy to make any kind of website and easy to update, but it's too heavy for large project or for very simple sites.
. Wordpress because it is relatively light and easy to update.

I'm looking for a very lightweight solution with user rank system.

. rank system ;
. lightweight ;
. based on CodeIgniter ;
. good documentation ;
. Recent Activity on the blog and forum ;
. french staff. ^^

. extensible ;
. lightweight (speed) ;

. no french section in forum ;
. maybe too small community ;
. too few modules.

Regards

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

#16 2013-09-29 18:20:28

borisaguilar

- Who are you ?
http://borisaguilar.com
A Developer living in Guatemala - Central America
I've used mainly Wordpress, Drupal and WolfCMS hmmm i don't like high complexity for theming or creating content. Less is more or so i think smile
I was searching for a simpler CMS since if a project is too big I prefer to use an amuzing framework like web2py or django or anyyhing pythonic... and if the project is a website then a good CMS simple to use and with some kind of integrated feeling is what i need; and that's what I think i've found in Ionize.
Nice Admin Interface
Easy Templating
Easy Admin UI
Miltilanguage
Powerfull, Unique and Usefull smile
I don't like the fact that is made on PHP xD but that simply is a matter of taste... i have to use PHP because hosting PHP is cheaper; anyway I'm not a big fan of PHP and really i don't think it has much to do with Ionize... currently i've not tested CodeIgniter so I can't really tell what i like/dislike of its foundation smile

#17 2013-11-08 02:00:17

LuclaNet
Website

- Who are you ?
Claudio from http://www.luclanet.it

Wordpress, Joomla, Pyrocms, Hero Framework, Drupal.
Wordpress: for a blog perfect otherwise rubbish
Joomla: too bugs, too small personalizable
Pyrocms: Good content managment, good url customizable and multilanguages. No galleries.
Hero Framework: Good template usage, good custom fields, no multilanguage.
Drupal: A lot of time ago, i don't remember nothing.

I like to know and try out all the possibilities.
It seems that has a good content manage, not a really good template system, not really good with custom fields (upload file for example).

Ionize will become great with some new features:
- Custom urls even for subpages (for example an url like http://www.example.com/services/photos.html will become http://www.example.com/photo-services.html).
- Filter contents in <ion:page id="17"> and in <ion:articles>. For example filter contents for id even in articles or filter by custom value.
- Add vars multilanguage for small contents.

#18 2013-11-27 22:25:10

cjlemmer

- Who are you ?  Chad J. Lemmer   Wausau Coated Products    Wausau, WI    www.wausaucoated.com    cjlemmer@wausaucoated.com

- Which CMS were you using before Ionize, why was it horrible or better ?   GravityMarket (locally "home-grown" based using PHP and MySQL).  Admin portal was buggy, no multi-lingual support, code was getting ugly

- Why did you switch to Ionize ?    Multi-Lingual capabilities, ability to modify/create new functionality without changing the core

- What things made you happy in Ionize ?   It leverages CodeIgniter, multi-lingual support is solid

- About what were you disappointed or frustrated in Ionize ?  Hard to find developers familiar with IonizeCMS.  We have a hard time finding qualified developers to make additions to our website.

#19 2013-12-27 12:55:34

elegos

- Who are you ? I'm a web developer

- Which CMS were you using before Ionize, why was it horrible or better ? Various, searching for the one I'd like to develop on better. Some change their API too quickly, others are simply too much complicated and <something>-oriented.

- Why did you switch to Ionize ? To try it out, on a suggestion of one of my colleagues (a web designer)

- What things made you happy in Ionize ? The tag system, once you understand how it works

- How would you introduce the benefits of Ionize to your client ? An easy yet powerful CMS which lets you control every aspect of every page, and an easier to skin system compared to others.

The documentation (at least the technical doc) sucks, period. Starting from the wonderful tag system, from a developer point of view is WAY disorganised. It's not even complete (see the tags system which is built-in, but there's no mention in the docs nor I can find any hint on these forums, nothing on internet yet). The tutorials suck too. They're not tutorials, they seem to be code written in a hurry with no explanation at all on what you're doing. 80% of the steps are undocumented and lead who want to learn this system to frustration and misunderstanding. Unfortunately there aren't any unofficial tutorials or guides out there on Internet yet, so I have to rely on the official channels only. Also there isn't an IRC channel, that would help a lot in my experience.

I have yet to understand how to create a module (seriously, you need to explain EVERYTHING, starting from the naming, passing through why you name some strings like you do without any explanation etc), I don't know if I'm able in a theme to create custom routes (should I?? See the "tag" URL calling the home page view, in despite of the URI like /LANG/tag/TAG_NAME), I don't have a clear reference of which information each tag carries, I have no idea about the entire list of tags I can use in a view.

I'd really like to make this project grow, but you first need to teach me how use it. And you're not actually helping people like me who didn't partecipate to the development and come now with no knowledge at all about ionize.

Last edited by elegos (2013-12-27 12:58:40)

#20 2014-01-25 15:40:57

ccmksy

- Who are you ?
I am web programmer in Hong Kong.

joomla , wordpress and so on , they have same problem that too complicated (complex) on admin panel layout and on concept !!

because I like codeigniter , so i also like ionize. And ionize is simple, clearly concept and good support. and especilly there has extend content function.

multilingual interface. simple tags. flexible. extend conent function

Clearly layout and no complex steps. To client who has no knowledge of html , they prefer "easy control" than "powerful" in reality.

For chinese , not good. I mean about lang code.
for example , after I set cms interface lang to zh or zht. the tinymce editor cannot show, do you know that? becasue in ionize , chinese lang code is zh and zht, but  tinymce lang code is zh-cn only .

#21 2014-05-29 22:45:03

alecnesh
Website

- Who are you ?
Small software dev. shop located in Quebec, Canada

We were using Wordpress to speed up web site development. It is well tested, works almost everywhere and has countless plugins. However, not all web sites require a full-fledged Wordpress theme. Also, It is not well-suited for multi-lingual websites. Wordpress installations are also too easily broken by users fiddling with plugins and themes.

Mostly because of the built-in features for multi-lingual websites. The tag-based templating system is also great, allowing us to program no more than what's required.

Again, the built-in features for multi-lingual websites.

A quick demo of Wordpress+WPML vs Ionize is enough to convince.

Mostly two things:
1- The documentation, which is not quite as complete as it should. One as to dig into the code to completely understand Ionize.
2- The admin portal. Don't get me wrong, is does a really good job on the desktop. However, it is not usable on a smartphone. Also, it seems to open too many connections to the SQL server when configured with the mysqi driver and used on shared hosting with max_connections=16. I'll open another thread/bug about this.

#22 2014-09-01 13:44:24

lagen

Hi
I switched from wordpress. I'm a curious ;P and for now I like Ionize because it's fast, light and simple to use (at least so far) big_smile

#23 2015-03-08 19:05:14

devweb

- Who are you ?
Software dev. Gurgaon, India
We were using Wordpress to speed up web site development.
Mostly because of the built-in features for multi-lingual websites.
Again, the built-in features for multi-lingual websites.

Mostly two things:
1- The documentation, which is not quite as complete as it should. One as to dig into the code to completely understand Ionize.

#24 2015-04-20 12:37:25

khurram0336

Hi all,
- Who are you?
I am Khurram.
- Which CMS where you using before Ionize, why was it horrible or better?
Before this I was using WordPress.
- Why did you switch to Ionize?
Ionize is better because it is a bit simpler than WordPress.

Khurram Shahzad
The FAS Solutions
Web Design Services San Luis Obispo
URL:http://www.thefas-solutions.com, Email:khurram@thefas-solutions.com

#25 2015-06-29 10:02:46

aard

- I am aard , a cargo exporter & PHP coding amateur from Guangdong China
- I am good at Joomla.Joomla is quite good with full functions and vast extension base,but the new version 3.x is running slowly,I can't stand up...
- I work well with Codeigniter for coding management platform.Now I want to settle a new website with english/chinese language so I come to ionizecms.
- I like ionizecms very much because it's quite simple and fast,the most important  feature it has very straight multiple language structure.
- I will introduce it to people who need it.?
- There is one problem.I can not find the way to settle .html suffix.

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations