#1 2012-03-27 09:47:51

gnadirap
Website

Browser Language Detection

Hi all

I'm a neewbee in the ionize community, but not in Code-Igniter :-)

I was wondering, why you are not using the Browser-Language Detection System of CI, which is included in the "user-agent" module.

When i try it, with your system, i never get the right language...

Is there any hint, to do this within your system, oder du i have to code it over the user-agent ?

Kind regards

gnadirap

#2 2012-03-27 10:13:37

ukyo
Community Manager
Website

Re: Browser Language Detection

I made a language detection for ionizeCMS but didn't share codes yet. Will share soon.

How is the detection work?
1 - Getting online languages
2 - Detecting user language
3 - Controlling language if we have user language in our website and if the lang online
4 - Website is opening with user language
5 - If we not have lang for user website opening with default language

<ion:ukyo from="Turkey" />
Ionize CMS Türkçe Dil Çeviri Dosyaları | My Github Repositories
Please send your first message to a forum section, not forum users or administration.

#3 2012-03-27 10:38:26

gnadirap
Website

Hi ukyo

Atm i'm very happy about the functionallity of your CMS.. But for the thing, i'm planning to do with it i "need" such a auto-language detection..

May i do it on my own, or may it be possible that you could send your code it to me ?

many thanks in advance.

gnadirap

Last edited by gnadirap (2012-03-27 10:40:07)

#4 2012-03-27 11:14:24

ukyo
Community Manager
Website

When you extract files you will see a .txt file  and changed lines test it on local server before online :

Here is files for language detection : Language Detection

Didn't triy it with 0.9.6 could work for 0.9.7 i am always using github version for my project for test new features. Tested with github version.

<ion:ukyo from="Turkey" />
Ionize CMS Türkçe Dil Çeviri Dosyaları | My Github Repositories
Please send your first message to a forum section, not forum users or administration.

#5 2012-03-27 14:04:27

gnadirap
Website

Ey Dude

Many Thanks... That's what i call support :-) *big thumb up*

regards

gnadirap

#6 2016-09-17 13:33:56

laurenebsary

How would you keep sites from consequently changing dialects in view of your area? I continue voyaging and in a few nations they change in light of area. I am in finland and http://www.essayhelpdeal.co.uk/ blogger consequently changes the dialect to finnish

#7 2016-09-19 23:41:38

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

laurenebsary wrote:

How would you keep sites from consequently changing dialects in view of your area? I continue voyaging and in a few nations they change in light of area. I am in finland and http://www.essayhelpdeal.co.uk/ blogger consequently changes the dialect to finnish

Far as I know the language after selected is saved in session, so it should not change until a user does not change it by clicking to an other language forced url. I dont know that guy what using to detect the language, maybe the browser agent which has information about the language and the dialect, but looks like he does not saving at the first time when he got t he language by guest.

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations