#1 2010-09-17 08:55:36

toopixel
Ionize Core Team
Website

Beta Testing section

Hello everybody,

After some thinking, we've decided to not announce to public the pre-releases or beta versions which have again bugs, because as for 0.95 pre-release which have still numerous bugs, it will kill the quality reputation we are trying to provide with Ionize.

Regarding that, a new forum section have been created : Beta Testing.

This section is private and opened to some members only, regular members will not be able to read this forum until we invite them to be Beta Testers. We will pick some of you to be part of the beta testing team (you'll notice it in your user status near your avatar which will become "Ion Tester".

If you absolutly want to be part of this team, you'll have to request it by posting a message here, but please understand that we will decide who and who not to accept without explaination.

Too Pixel is a web agency located in Geneva, Switzerland

#2 2010-09-17 11:08:08

yetkind
Ion Tester
Website

Re: Beta Testing section

I'm familiar with project management programs like JIRA, Trac, etc.
Already join/ed couple QA & Beta team in gaming bussiness (small/big studios)
familiar to sign NDA and obey it.
I can open a personal test hosting account just for it.
finaly when i discover ionize saved me on a project so I owe you d(-_-)b

ps:I have  pointer nature to find bug's. lol
Let's see can I help you or not.

cheers
yetkin

#3 2010-09-17 12:08:15

toopixel
Ionize Core Team
Website

You are a tester now smile

#4 2010-09-17 15:26:01

yetkind
Ion Tester
Website

Thank's a ton!. I hope I'll be helpful. wink

#5 2010-09-17 15:26:44

toopixel
Ionize Core Team
Website

Now you must to be hehe smile

#6 2010-09-17 15:42:20

RomanSolomatin
Ion Tester

Thank you, glad to help you out.

#7 2012-01-03 06:53:50

antojack!

Yes, the Yahoo Answers service is currently in beta testing. You can tell this because the current logo at the top left of the screen says "Yahoo! Answers Beta". You can read more information on the development of Yahoo Answers by reading the 360 blog.

#8 2012-01-06 22:28:36

nitech

I think I can give valuable input in betatesting. The thing of it is... I come have a background as core developer (actually system owner for seven years) for a successful commercial cms system. I recently switched to a new (smaller) company, and now I am looking for CMS systems to use for our different projects.

My current company is primarily focussing on campaigns and corporate sites that want to stand out. We are in other words not going to make great portals for multinational companies.

However, as I have roamed the net looking for CMS systems to use, I have been let down by the more popular systems like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and so on. Rich feature set is not enough for me, as I believe it is vital that the admin UI is simple and clean. Therefore I (thus far) ended up with Symphony and Ionize CMS.

Symphony gives me tears (of joy) just by looking at the documentation, but IO is not far behind. As I mentioned in my post on Why Ionize (http://www.ionizecms.com/forum/viewtopi … 3156#p3156), I am new to PHP. My entire programming life has been Classic ASP, VBS, .Net, etc, but I have quite some experience with CMS systems and interaction design. After a few months with PHP. I am starting to become confident. For non standard solutions I started using CodeIgniter - and quickly fell in love with it. So it was natural to look for a CMS system based on CI.

I believe my main strength is the ability to understand what is best for the customer. I live on the west coast of Norway, where we produce a lot of fish. I often tell my co-workers that our objective is to help the customer sell more fish. That is always my focus when developing. "Can this make the world easier for the customer - or is it just fancyness?"

When I first saw Ionize, I was surprised at it's simpleness and slick UI. When I digged deeper and looked at the syntax for templating, I was also surprised at the clean code. Although Wordpress is immensely popular, I get the impression that it's really just a very extensible blogging plattform that people believe is a CMS-system - to the extent that big corporations demand that their site be driven by Wordpress.

I cannot guarantee that I will pour my effort into IO. I have to know it better before I decide. But if IO is the best system for my time, my time will be valuable for IO.

#9 2012-01-06 23:56:17

jacknails

Hello smile

I'd be happy to help with testing.

I'm a front end designer/coder.  So I'll be happy to test front end functionality and usability.
Also, I'll be looking at right to left (RTL) support, which I think is important for a multilingual CMS.

I'm willing to contribute in any way I can as I feel Ionize is fantastic!

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations