#1 2014-03-02 16:12:23

elegos

Theme-centric extend fields

When I develop a theme, I frequently make use of extend fields in order to personalize them depending on the content. This is the normal behavior and AFAIK wanted one.

But if the site changes the theme, that data will be most probably useless, unless the new theme uses the same extend fields.

So why doesn't Ionize allow the management of theme-centric extend fields? If you load a theme which uses "my-extend-field" in a page layout, it will be automatically added to the list of extend fields of each page. Obviously you'd configure the field type and options (config folder?). Switching layouts, data is being saved, but not displayed unless you put the extend field in the main list (the one we're corrently used to use) or it's being used by the new theme (with the same settings of course).

Last edited by elegos (2014-03-02 16:12:59)

#2 2014-03-09 13:00:53

elegos

Re: Theme-centric extend fields

As extension to the idea: show the extended fields only on the pages/articles with a view which uses those extend-fields. In case people may prefere (as I seldomly have to, too), switch "show all theme extended fields".

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations