#1 2013-12-28 23:10:32

elegos

Disqus integration

Today I've created a module which aims to help you all integrating the famous comments system in your Ionize websites.

The module adds three new <ion> tags:

• <ion:disqus:code> to place the Disqus comments system.

• <ion:disqus:comments_num_code /> put it somewhere before </body> if you want to have the comments count per each article (something like <a href="<ion:article:url />#disqus_thread">0 Comments</a>).

• <ion:disqus:shortname> displays the Disqus's shortname. Shouldn't be used normally.

The administration view is not the best, I know, but I REALLY found it hard just to make it *work*.

PLEASE FORK THE PROJECT TO HELP PRODUCING A BETTER MODULE!
https://github.com/elegos/Ionize-Disqus

---

I'd like to take this opportunity to confirm my opinion about Ionize's poor documentation: I lost hours navigating inside the Ionize's sources to find what I was searching for, instead of finding it in the docs. Worst thing ever are the documentation comments that most of the time are simply placeholders.

#2 2014-06-23 17:11:41

Alex L
Website

Re: Disqus integration

Hell Community,

I use the last version Ionize and Disqus have downloaded and uploaded to the web space. The problem is that the module does not appear in the list of modules in the backend.

How can you fix it? Do I need to make it something else. For a few tips I would be very grateful.

I am 32 years old, bloggers, webmasters, shop owners and Forum provider. In my spare time I like most Open Source CMS and Forums.

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations