#1 2015-01-07 14:50:35

gfaw

Introduction

Hey all,

new here. I've been doing a lot of Wordpress stuff, bilingual mostly. but ultimately annoyed with Wordress' lack of multilingual capabilities - which brought me here.

For now I'm very pleased with Ionize although it seems to be fairly slow on a local XAMPP install.

Cheers,
gfaw

#2 2015-01-07 15:57:43

Kink
Ion Tester

Re: Introduction

I have MAMP on my old Imac, and i fell no lag.
Anyway, all website i made are very speed on dedicated server.

What about trying local servers with https://koding.com/

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#3 2015-01-07 16:36:31

gfaw

Hey @Kink,

thanks for the link - I want to go location-independent so 100% online is not for me, but I'll have a closer look anyway. For the location independence I currently migrate from Windows + XAMPP to Ubuntu + Virtualbox, but needs some testing and still have some projects running on the old dev. environment! As for speed: yeah, I'll need to check on a real server. Do you have any experiences with Shared hosting? Most of my clients host themselves and they're rather small, so they go with shared.

Also, where can I learn more about developing on and migrating existing content to Ionize? I've opened a thread for this here: http://ionizecms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8135#p8135

Last edited by gfaw (2015-01-07 16:41:32)

#4 2015-01-07 16:59:32

Kink
Ion Tester

Yes, some of website i made are hosted with 1&1 or OVH (shared hosting) without problem.

Now, i have a huge dedicated server hosted by Online.net on Debian Wheezy with ISPConfig. All Ionize websites are very very fast.

I have no experience in migrating website to Ionize, it's my strategy : if client want new en modern website, they must bank, and i create new fresh website tongue
Anyway, i think, it's not possible to migrate. But, you can get the template and datas (content, pictures...).
And then like me, create a new website with those template.

Perhaps, a day, it will be possible to migrate wordpress to Ionize, but for now, it's too difficult tongue

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#5 2015-01-07 19:09:59

gfaw

Kink wrote:

Perhaps, a day, it will be possible to migrate wordpress to Ionize, but for now, it's too difficult tongue

Of course you had to recreate the site structure reupload media etc. The thing I wonder is what happens if I set up IOnize unter dev.example.com and later change it to www.example.com? yikes

Last edited by gfaw (2015-01-07 19:10:54)

#6 2015-01-08 13:43:56

Kink
Ion Tester

What happen ?
Nothing. You have nothing to do, except editing configuration for database. Ionize (CodeIgniter) check the base url.

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#7 2015-01-08 16:09:39

gfaw

That's pretty cool! smile

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations