#1 2014-08-08 23:32:19

rueta

Maybe Ionize's core team do version Ionizecms use Lavarel base?

Hi Ionize team, hi everyone!

I use ionizecms to build personal website for me and my friend a long time (from version 1.0.4) and always love it! Few days ago, my client intro me about good framework php is Lavarel, i read and did some small app and feeling good and just think if lovely ionizecms can convert from CI to Lavarel then it is best!

i not think CI is not good, just if we can have another version base, then it's better for everyone who  want develop ionize and learn better with lavarel. I head someone say lavarel run faster and have some new features more than CI. (i'm amateur server-side so dont blame me pls ..).

at the early of this year, when i find cms run in Nodejs , i found an version Ionize run on Nodejs, but it look still has many bug, and in developing time. Can we have version like this in lavarel?

Just my suggest, if it not possible, please ignore it, thank you !

#2 2014-12-01 18:47:33

MartinK
Website

Re: Maybe Ionize's core team do version Ionizecms use Lavarel base?

I agree that Laravel is a very good new framework but moving Ionize to Laravel would unfortunately be a hell of a work which would probably take quite a lot of time.

Ionize will rule the Internet one day!

#3 2014-12-03 17:39:04

keiichi

No, thank you. Laravel is slow as a snail. It is really great framework but it's performance is not one of its strong points.

#4 2015-08-19 08:13:07

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Laravel is too slow and too early to be able to compete against the big frameworks. The fastest now is the Phalcon ( of corse... C library for apache hmm ) but Codeigniter is not too bad also. Ci is the most favorite PHP Framework currently, and the 3.0 was huge performance boost. With HipHop I was able to make 15-20k request per second, without HipHop I have ~5k request per second with cache and without cache 1.5k request per second.

Im working on an Ionize version where the core is CI3 and boosting the current performance with same ideas what has in bigger Template Parsers systems like Smarty and Dwoo (also supporting them).

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#5 2015-08-23 09:43:30

otemu

adamos42 wrote:

Laravel is too slow and too early to be able to compete against the big frameworks. The fastest now is the Phalcon ( of corse... C library for apache hmm ) but Codeigniter is not too bad also. Ci is the most favorite PHP Framework currently, and the 3.0 was huge performance boost. With HipHop I was able to make 15-20k request per second, without HipHop I have ~5k request per second with cache and without cache 1.5k request per second.

Im working on an Ionize version where the core is CI3 and boosting the current performance with same ideas what has in bigger Template Parsers systems like Smarty and Dwoo (also supporting them).

That sounds like a massive project, are you the only one working on this?
Look forward to your updates smile

#6 2015-08-23 14:13:13

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

otemu wrote:

That sounds like a massive project, are you the only one working on this?

Yes, I'm alone on this. The core team making bugfixes and little features, because they are occupied their own clients. They thinking about the framework change but the truth is that take at least twice as much time then rewrite in Codeigniter (because the developers has experience in CI).

Massive? I don't think so, the current code is way more complicated than should be. Simplier solutions can achieve the same goal faster, the current code not realy using codeigniter, most of the code is standalone (which is good, but then why use framework?). The FTL is good library, it should be use as a compiler to compile the ionize tags into native php (and save), not live compile.

otemu wrote:

Look forward to your updates smile

Follow it on my github: https://github.com/adamos42/ionize

If anyone wants to join, just fork it, we can be ready faster. If you're not too experienced, it okay I have lot of simple tasks what I want to do when the main code id done and can be done before it (phpDoc, TestTemplates, etc.)

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations