#1 2016-05-25 17:53:28

Dawe

Installation error (MySQL during installation, later PHP warnings)

Hi recently found this great CMS, now I tried to install it online.

1) in the first step of the installation there was MySQL error reported (without explanation, just "some basic requirements are not ok") but i could proceed
2) however when i finished the installation, there are plenty of error (warnings, notices and sth else) such as

Severity: 8192 Message: Non-static method Pages::init() should not be called statically Filename: libraries/Pages.php Line Number: 284

Severity: Warning Message: Declaration of Article_model::get_list($where = Array) should be compatible with Base_model::get_list($where = NULL, $table = NULL) Filename: models/article_model.php Line Number: 0

3) its about 30 or 40 such errors and the page is at the end visible, but admin does not work
4) i tried to set page to "production" mode in index.php, which eliminated error, but in admin, I cant do anything, no action is working

5) MySQL version is 5.6 and PHP is 7.0.5

Can somebody help me how to solve this issue or where can I fix it ? Thank you guys!
D.

#2 2016-05-25 17:55:49

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Re: Installation error (MySQL during installation, later PHP warnings)

The system does not handle PHP7 yet, in fact the framework is only CI 2.x, a bit old. Im working on a Ionize2.0 with CI3.x and PHP5.6+ support but sadly I dont have too much time.

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#3 2016-05-25 18:15:47

Dawe

Thank you for you swift answer !
D.

#4 2016-05-25 18:23:08

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Sorry, we try work to fix any problem, but the system does not used on PHP7, the only way to solve is the look the messages and solve the problems one by one. If you share with us an error.log then we can look better the actual problems, but It will take time, I think a few weeks to solve every errors on PHP7, im also will install it on PHP7 and MySQL 5.6 so I will probably fix most of the problems and I will make a pull request on Github.

I will notify you when it's solved, but dont expect that be in a few days. Try download the source from github, because it can be different than the site download link and the problems may be already solved.

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#5 2016-05-25 18:32:56

Dawe

No problem, I will try to move it somewhere with lower PHP version by then. I copied these errors to TXT file, hope it helps a bit.

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations