#1 2016-06-07 07:19:19

mel47

Convince me!

Hi,
I'm currently searching a new CMS to convert my existing website. I need a multilingual CMS, which Ionize seems to be the best choice.
But after playing around with the demo and reading documentation, I'm still unsure about theming. Since I'm *really* bad with design, I'm little upset about this part. It's seems a lot under-documented, I don't really get where I should specify the different type of gallery I want (standard prettyphoto or lightbox). And also, I have to create a "view" for every kind of different pages I want? And how to modify my choice after the first creation of the page?
I have, for now, a web site of around 30 page and 100 news (x2 for a second language). Does this size of website become difficult to manage?
Last question, for how long Ionize exist and does some new version are planned?
Thanks
Mélanie

#2 2016-06-07 10:02:32

dh-webservice.eu
Website

Re: Convince me!

Hi Mélanie,
it is great that you chose ionize, it is the best solution i know for multiligual website.
As an ionize beginner, you need a little patience to get familiar with the CMS, at the beginning it is not as easy as for example WordPress. But once you have passed these first period of learning it will become very easy and fun to work with.
Don't consider only the documentation as a source for learning, also consider the forum - nearly all problems you will meet have already been sold by the community.

mel47 wrote:

And also, I have to create a "view" for every kind of different pages I want? And how to modify my choice after the first creation of the page?Mélanie

No, you don't have to create a view for every single page you have. If the all have the same style/structure you can use the same view for all.

mel47 wrote:

I have, for now, a web site of around 30 page and 100 news (x2 for a second language). Does this size of website become difficult to manage?

30 pages are absolutely no problem for ionize. I work with ionize on sites which are lot bigger than tat.

Oh, and last but not least.
If you need some great design templates, feel free to contact me :-)

All the best, David

Last edited by dh-webservice.eu (2016-06-07 10:02:50)

Ionize Fan from Northern Italy ;-)

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations