#1 2016-01-19 00:09:59

thefly

I Love Ionize but is it Dead?

Maybe someone of the core development can answer this question?

I love Ionize and the way it is setup but for a long time there are no updates anymore so do we need to consider it dead and start to look at other cms systems? (Like Adamos Fork on Github or OktoberCMS build on laravel)

Please answer if there will be a new version?

With kind regards,

Johan van Rijen

#2 2016-01-19 18:18:31

otemu

Re: I Love Ionize but is it Dead?

Hey,

I asked a similar question awhile ago http://ionizecms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1989

I think more or less the same answer will apply to yours smile

#3 2016-02-05 13:14:17

thefly

Ok thnx. Its a old post but i might switch to a different CMS system cause this one is dead.

To bad! It realy rocks!

#4 2016-04-07 00:15:59

fredericomarinho.com
Website

Is it really dead? I had so many plans to it... somebody!? sad

Frederico Marinho - Social Media and Web Developer
contato@fredericomarinho.com
fredericomarinho.com

#5 2016-05-25 11:13:20

KoniRus34

Ionize support php <= 5.5, we have 1 month smile

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

#6 2016-05-25 18:31:25

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

I started a while ago a new version development, sadly I was unable to develop in a last few months, I will continue, but I think I will make few of changes offline without streaming it, because I need the new features in my projects too. Im availabe on gitter if somebody want's join to the development or just want to discuss the features what may needed.

Gitter: https://gitter.im/adamos42/ionize

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#7 2016-05-27 10:49:55

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

Far as I know nothing similar are on the market today. There are the popular CMS's but none of them this type of modular and SEO optimalized.

Only I could say is I try to make the 2.0 version, Michel-Ange and the core team does not have time to develop the system because they had too much work with their customers. Right now I talked with Michel-Ange and he said that if the development will work and made the same features then he will consider to merge into the main branch as a 2.0

I like to discuss with developers about the features what they want and I like to develop them, but alone I need time to develop, but Im not refusing any help with that.

@adaliszk

#8 2016-05-27 11:03:28

dh-webservice.eu
Website

adamos42 wrote:

Far as I know nothing similar are on the market today. There are the popular CMS's but none of them this type of modular and SEO optimalized.

That's the same result i came to, after doing profound research - and not to forget the native multi-lingual aspect.
So far, all my clients are very satisfied because of the usability, performance and straightforwardness.

I definitely think it is great that you are pushing ionize to level 2.0 and I really can imagine that it si a huge work.
Why not starting a donation campaign to support you? I would definitely contribute, and perhaps lots of community members feel the same...
For the moment, I have absolutely no time capacities left, otherwise I could offer you my help :-/

Last edited by dh-webservice.eu (2016-05-27 11:04:20)

Ionize Fan from Northern Italy ;-)

#9 2016-05-27 12:05:13

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

dh-webservice.eu wrote:

Why not starting a donation campaign to support you? I would definitely contribute, and perhaps lots of community members feel the same...

I do not need money, but I appreciate it. My problem is the time itself, I have a job what twice in a year for 2-3 Month need special care and between them I have time for every else. Right now I'm out the spring season, I just have a few customers and I'm after that I will continue the work.

Right now I'm testing out new web features from Google I/O and I think I will implement few of them so the sites not only work faster but they work offline and instant like an app by default.

dh-webservice.eu wrote:

For the moment, I have absolutely no time capacities left, otherwise I could offer you my help :-/

Right now if somebody want to join then just fork my work and make pull request: https://github.com/adamos42/ionize
Also you can submit feature request what's not in the list right now, so I can make the system considering the requests.

If somebody just want to chat about Ionize or have question feel free to join me on gitter: https://gitter.im/adamos42/ionize

@adaliszk

#10 2016-05-30 11:29:35

dh-webservice.eu
Website

OK, I understand. It is really great that you invest your residual time for moving forwarnd Ionize!

Can you tell us which kind of web features seen at Google I/O are you going to implement? Will your Ionize version be ready for PHP7, or PHP 5.6?

Last edited by dh-webservice.eu (2016-05-30 11:30:47)

#11 2016-05-30 11:39:33

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

I want to implement serviceWorker and web components (for example polymer elements) and maybe the AMP validator for the first stable version, after that I will try look into hudini. I will add bower and node support (in fact the bower json will be the theme description file).

Of corse the system will work PHP5.6 and PHP7, also I try make with composer and I will try make a composer package from the project. (I already tested that, but I need more development for creating the composer installer)

@adaliszk

#12 2016-05-30 12:23:27

dh-webservice.eu
Website

Wow, that sounds amazing. Does that mean that you are planning to base the new ionize back-end on Polymer instead of Mootools?

adamos42 wrote:

Of corse the system will work PHP5.6 and PHP7, also I try make with composer and I will try make a composer package from the project. (I already tested that, but I need more development for creating the composer installer)

That's perfect.

#13 2016-05-30 12:29:52

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

dh-webservice.eu wrote:

Wow, that sounds amazing. Does that mean that you are planning to base the new ionize back-end on Polymer instead of Mootools?

I planned to use native Javascript instead of any library or framework, I wanted to create similar objects and  generating methods like Ext JS has. I may use polymer elements for the backend, but I dont know yet.

@adaliszk

#14 2016-06-09 13:25:37

dsx0

First of all. Thank you for your great work!
Do you know when the release of 2.0 will be?

I tried hard getting version 1.0.8.1 working with sqlite (really important for me because of webspace).
After i managed pdo/sqlite from tutorials and other forums i got sql-erros hmm

I think it would be much easier with your version 2.0 (and CodeIgniter 3).
So i'm waiting for your new cool version big_smile

#15 2016-06-09 13:47:32

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

dsx0 wrote:

Do you know when the release of 2.0 will be?

I dont know yet, I developing in my free time, and Im not near to end the code.

dsx0 wrote:

I tried hard getting version 1.0.8.1 working with sqlite

Sqlite is may not be possible with 2.0 either, the problem is the sqlite has not much tools to achive a complete database. Sure its handy when you want store data, but working with data is not the sqlite work. However, i planned a complete offline working cms, so the database connection may not needed on the server side after the contents are cached.

I adding the sqlite to the requests lists, I will try make it work after it's working the bigger database services (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL) I hope it wil work, I planned to use stored procedures for maintenance and triggers for manipulating data, this features may not be available in sqlite.

@adaliszk

#16 2016-06-10 10:30:47

dsx0

Thank you very much! smile

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations