#1 2011-03-15 18:37:47

Bliksempie
Website

NEED to join the team

Hi,

I have recently started building my own CMS based on CodeIgniter, not to make available for public consumption, but merely to scratch the proverbial itch. Building a CMS from scratch is a real pain in the backside though - so kudos to you guys.

As you can see from the title, I NEED to join this team. I have the need to contribute to something big, that can scratch my itch, as well as help others.

I am skilled as a usability tester, having studied Human Computer Interaction during my four year degree in South Africa. I am pretty well skilled in PHP, although I am certainly not claiming to be the mother of all PHP coders. I have probably coded about 365000 lines of PHP code in my life so far, and was mostly involved in systems that are highly customized, and integrated into third party systems. 365000 lines of code - okay, I sucked that figure out of my thumb, but I estimated it about 36500 lines per year, and being in the web development business for 10 years, that would mean I have coded about 100 lines of code per day, which I would say is round-about par for me.

I am also good at sniffing out bugs with a system, and have found quite a few bugs in the current release of Ionize already, which I will post a bit later. I might even fix them and post the fix here, if you wish.

I am more of an old-school pure PHP coder, and have only recently started to adopt client side technologies such as jQuery, so I am not that good with those, but willing to learn.

More skills that I can add to the project is related to documentation, copy writing and translation services (English-Afrikaans/Afrikaans-English) and I am good at seeing the big picture, and I am not too shoddy at project management.

The reason why I wrote my own CMS so far is because most of the CMS's out there does not support content the way I need it - I use a lot of content that is not really part of a page, but more supportive in nature, for example:

1. A certain dance studio presents classes
2. These classes are presented by various instructors
3. The classes are also presented on various days on various times
4. The classes are presented in various rooms in the venue

To bring these 4 items together so that you can have a searchable timetable of classes, their times and their locations and instructors, I write simple methods where you add each individual item, and link them together. I think Ionize will support this model clearly, as far as I can tell so far - I have not spend hours and hours with the code base yet, but from what I have seen, it should be rather easy to do with Ionize. I plan on getting involved in that as one of my first projects, if I get into the team.

Hopefully this will help in getting me on the team, if not, well, I tried ;-)

Kobus

while ($life == $passing_me_by) {
    if (in_array($hour_of_day, $extended_work_hours)) { $work++; $johnny = $dull_boy; }
    else { $i = $poor_but_happy; }
}

#2 2011-03-16 00:03:12

Michel-Ange
Ionize Core Team
Website

Re: NEED to join the team

Hi Kobus !

We're very happy regarding your motivation !

Don't hesitate to post the bug you found in the release.

The best way to integrate the team is to participate to the Ionize evolution. Alot of member here aren't specially in the team but because they are using Ionize daily, they discover bugs, give point of view about functionnalities and finally, what they bring to the CMS is amazing !

So if you develop an awesome module or if you bring something really good for the CMS, if you will already be there in few month... we're open !

Inspiration & Innovation : Websites by Partikule, Agence Web Paris

#3 2011-03-16 09:09:54

Bliksempie
Website

Hi Michel-Ange,

Thanks for accepting me - I guess it is time for me to get cracking then :-)

I have downloaded the latest Ionize yesterday, and am busy looking whether the bugs I saw on my previous copy have been fixed. If they are still there, I will investigate, and fix if I can (as I said, jQuery and the likes are not my strong points, so I may not be able to fix them yet).

Have a great day!

Kobus

if (in_array($hour_of_day, $extended_work_hours)) { $work++; $johnny = $dull_boy; }
}

#4 2011-03-18 18:06:26

Bliksempie
Website

Hi all,

I could find only one of the bugs that I had before (I used a previous release for my initial testing). The rest all seem to be fixed. I have also found two bugs in the translation section.

I will report them in the appropriate section.

Kobus

}

#5 2016-05-07 00:59:18

Helen52

Hi! I am looking for group as well. Any suggestions?

If you are lookig for some information about company in Chicago, check licencje firm z Chicago.

#6 2016-06-22 21:32:12

ElizabethJones1951

I think that join this group is such a good idea. I definitely will.

Check najlepsza parownica do ubrań if you want to buy suh a good iron.

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations