#1 2016-10-14 13:09:02

Amadego

Static translation

Hi all,
I need to solve some doubt on static translation: is there a limit in numbers line that the view Content > Translation manages? Because I'm working on two different sites, both have /it/theme_lang and /en/theme_lang, but site A theme_lang has 310 rows, while site B theme_lang has 185 rows.
I've tried to modify them with Content> Translation tool. In case of site B everything worked fine, but for site A I have some problems, but cannot find solutions.
Problem n.1: my theme_lang has 310 rows, every one with its label and value. But if I save the file with tool, in case of Italian lang, every value after line 192 is deleted, while in English file everything is OK.
Problem n.2: I supposed the reason for this was some character Ionize does not accept. I've escaped apostrophes, I've  wrote letters with accent with their html code, but I get lines still dropped.
Can someone help me? I'd really want to give our customers full accessibility to translations...
Thank you
Bye
Amadego

#2 2016-10-20 15:02:48

Amadego

Re: Static translation

After some days of test, we have found that the number of line is managed by the line max_input_var in the yourphp/php.ini file. As we don't want to alter this value for security reasons, we have decided to split theme_lang in two files: custom_lang (with the translation the user is allowed to change) and base_lang with all other translations we don't want the user to change. So, we have custom_lang with all rights of rw to user, and base_lang without rights. In this way, user will be able to manage translations via Content > Translation only of file custom_lang and base_lang won't be truncated.
Hope this can help.
Bye

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations