#1 2014-11-06 20:04:10

FRODO

Cannot login to admin page (no errors)

Hi,

after installation I can't login as admin. No error is displayed (no error in log as well). After attempt to login I am redirected to login page again.

Ionize CMS: 1.0.7

Help please.

Thx in advance.

#2 2014-12-01 08:47:37

sonicv3

Re: Cannot login to admin page (no errors)

me too~~
can't login~~ after type login name and password can't into admin panel

#3 2015-01-06 10:10:00

Kink
Ion Tester

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#4 2015-08-12 23:03:33

Torsten

I can confirm this issue. I cannot login either. I have read the other threads and checked the config.php and the server/local time, but everything looks quite normal. The database entry for myself as a superuser looks quite all right, too.

But there is a bright red box on the top left corner of my browser window, reading DEVELOPMENT. What could that be?

Last edited by Torsten (2015-08-12 23:05:10)

ON ERROR GOTO BED

#5 2015-08-12 23:11:59

Kink
Ion Tester

Hi Torsten,
This flag (DEVELOPMENT) in a red box mean your website is... in developement.
When your are proud of your job, you can then swap the mode to "Production".

More info here : http://doc.ionizecms.com/en/installatio … going-live

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#6 2015-08-13 00:02:29

Torsten

Uh, okay, thank you, Kink. I did not know where that came from and why.

Anyway, the more important issue is, that some users and me don’t get Ionize running without flaws, and there does not seem to be an advice that really helps.
The two points are:
– installation in subdirectory leads to 404 (not found) errors
– admin (backend) login fails

Could these have anything to do with JavaScript?

ON ERROR GOTO BED

#7 2015-08-16 20:29:06

ccmksy

Ionize Team,

Ionize team,

Please solve our problem quickly and seriously, don't tell me go here to check ourself.

Above solution cannot solve our problem, Actually do you know what problem is now ?? Our problem is very simple, that is "CANNOT LOGIN THE ADMIN". I and other members send you direct problem, please you also give us the direct solution that can really solve our problem.

Thanks !!

#8 2015-08-17 20:52:49

Kink
Ion Tester

Ccmksy, Ionize is an open source project driven by one developer, who spent many times to give us a beautiful software.
Ionize is free, and because it's a project, it's provided as is.

So, we... I, can help you for free if you describe your environment. Like a doctor, we need some infos to understand your problem.
So, give us your environment : Windows 7, WAMP, php release, Apache release, etc. Or perhaps your website is online, so, give us also thoses informations to help you.
See ya.

Webmaster / OUF!WEB

#9 2015-08-19 17:50:33

ccmksy

Kink wrote:

Ccmksy, Ionize is an open source project driven by one developer, who spent many times to give us a beautiful software.
Ionize is free, and because it's a project, it's provided as is.

So, we... I, can help you for free if you describe your environment. Like a doctor, we need some infos to understand your problem.
So, give us your environment : Windows 7, WAMP, php release, Apache release, etc. Or perhaps your website is online, so, give us also thoses informations to help you.
See ya.

Hello Kink,

Very Very thank you too much . In past , I would like to solve myself, but this time , it is really difficult to solve, because no any error message to show, So I don't know what the problem is .
My enviroment is Ubuntu 14.04, apache2.0, use vhost.
In install period , it;s very smoothly. but when i try to login....redirect to login page forever, even if my password and login id is correct.

By the way, because i am very busy in this month, maybe i will send you some more information in next month.

#10 2015-08-20 13:36:38

adaliszk
Ionize Friend
Website

The 1.0.7 zip file on the website is broken, If you installing that then you must go back to the user step and create twice the admin user, becuase someway the stored password on the first time not encrypted properly.

Download Ionize from the github: https://github.com/ionize/ionize/ and this problem should be disapear.

Webdeveloper, Programmer, Application developer, Ionize friend
@adaliszk

#11 2015-09-10 20:37:45

larzeni

I have this issue even (faked admin password) with release 1.0.7.1, and I don't understand how, but I installed this version on two different pc's, one of them worked the other didn't.

The one that works is Debian Wheezy:
apache2            2.2.22-13+deb7u6
php5                 5.4.41-0+deb7u1

The one that doesn't work is Debian Jessie:
apache2            2.4.10-10+deb8u3
php5                 5.6.12+dfsg-0+deb8u1

But I was able to make it work, on another machine with the same config of the second one:
apache2            2.4.10-10+deb8u3
php5                 5.6.12+dfsg-0+deb8u1

So I don't understand the cause of the problem.

Anyway, since I'm a little dumb, I tried to create the user, using the setup procedure, with the same name of the one already present, hoping that it would have changed the password in the DB, and it DID not worked.

The only way to login was:

• create a SECOND, different, user using install procedure (http://your_domain.tld/install/?step=user)

• login with this SECOND user

• change the password of the FIRST user

• delete the login of the SECOND user (optional)

• NOW i could login with the FIRST user

That's all!

Last edited by larzeni (2015-09-10 20:38:25)

#12 2015-09-10 21:49:55

daniel

I think, that the installation tool does not save the encryption key in application/config/config.php

$config['encryption_key'] = '';

If you create a user in the install tool with the automatically generated encryption key, you cannot login, because the config.php says "no encryption key" an so the password hashes does not conform.
If you insert the generated/used key manually in your config.php, it should work.

#13 2016-03-15 23:32:59

dh-webservice.eu
Website

@larzeni

Thank you very much, you were my saviour ;-) The method you posted really was the only way to succeed.
I repeat:

- create a SECOND, different, user using install procedure (http://your_domain.tld/install/?step=user)
- login with this SECOND user
- change the password of the FIRST user
- delete the login of the SECOND user (optional)
- NOW i could login with the FIRST user

Ionize Fan from Northern Italy ;-)

#14 2016-04-24 21:06:32

lagen

Hi
I tried to update from 1.07 to version 1.08.1 and than to 1.09 ( the one from github) without any success until i deleted the .htaccess in the root and put the old one by version 1.07.
Now it works.
Hope it helps
L

#15 2016-08-03 14:25:59

nebemore

Hello,

i had the same problem. I have a couple of sites running with Ionize 1.06. My provider switched the php version from 5.3 to 5.4 and suddenly i coudn't enter the admin area (no error message, just back to the login form). I have tried everything I've found on the forum, but without success. At the end the provider installed 5.3 again and everything works again.

Cheers!

#16 2016-10-25 17:07:01

kusmi

Is there a way to solve this issue?

My server got upgraded to a new CentOS version and now has PHP 5.4 as minimal install. Admin page does not allow any login (as others have described here...) I tried to upgrade to 1.0.8 but then I ran into another problem (database migration in /install just displays a blank page - as also mentioned here in the forum). Does 1.0.9 on Github work?

I can't install a VM with older CentOS because for SSL we need certain features only available on never CentOS...

EDIT: I also tried 1.0.9 from Github - same problem. After db migration step I just see a blank page.

Last edited by kusmi (2016-10-25 17:13:03)

#17 2016-10-26 14:48:58

kusmi

OK, I could solve my issue - it looks like on our CentOS install the php sessions are stored inside "/var/lib/php/fpm/session" - but ionize would like to have the sessions stored in "/var/lib/php/session". So I added this directory and set the according permissions and now I can log-in to the system again :-)

What's Ionize ?

Ionize is an Open Source Content Management System created by webdesigners for webdesigners.

Created and maintained by Partikule and Toopixel, Ionize wants to be the easiest and most powerful CMS.

Can I help ?

Because talent is nothing without involvement, we are looking for motivated coders and webdesigners to join the project team.

Resources

Documentation : doc.ionizecms.com

Development : Ionize on GitHub
Translations : Ionize Translations